We are looking forward to celebrating the Fourth of July at Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum – home to some of the nation’s most historic war ships. Along with the most spectacular fireworks display in the Lowcountry, we will be offering two different viewing areas – the Flight Deck of the USS Yorktown (tickets required) and the landside of the museum (free for the public).
Please see below for important information about this celebration that will be helpful as you plan your visit:
• Parking is $10/vehicle.
• Guests who have tickets to the flight deck will be granted access starting at 6 p.m. (Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for children 11 and under) There is no outside food/beverage permitted on the flight deck. Seating will not be provided and we recommend bringing your own lawn chair. Live music will begin at approximately 6 p.m.
• For the landside celebration, live music will kick off at 5 p.m. with kids activities beginning at 4 p.m. (As always, it is free to watch the fireworks from the landside of the museum)
• The fireworks will be shot from a barge in the Cooper River once again this year. We have taken extra measures to ensure the barge is located in an area that will provide the highest visibility for our guests. In addition, we will be placing signs on landside areas were viewing may be limited.
• We love animals; but NO pets are permitted at Patriots Point for the Fourth of July Blast.
• We will have vendors available to purchase food/drink on both the flight deck and landside. Please bring CASH for these purchases as we cannot guarantee that a vendor will have the capability to process a credit card.
• The USS Yorktown will be open for the public to tour from 9 – 5:00 p.m. The last ticket will be sold at the Ticket Office at 4 p.m. Adult tickets (12+) are $18, child tickets (6-11) are $11 and children 6 and under are free.
• The sunset is scheduled to take place at 8:32 p.m. The fireworks will begin once it is dark outside, and we expect this will be at approximately 9 p.m.