Celebrate the Fourth of July on board one of the most historic warships in the United States, the USS YORKTOWN on the Charleston Harbor at Patriots Point. Tickets for the Fourth of July Blast are now being sold on the Patriots Point Naval and Maritime Museum’s website www.patriotspoint.org.
This year Patriots Point is offering two ticket options. The first starts at $30. Guests who purchase these tickets can watch our powerful fireworks display from one of the most unique viewing platforms in the country, the USS YORKTOWN’s Flight Deck.
The $30 dollar ticket includes special access to the ship starting at 6:00 p.m., with food and beverages available for purchase. There will also be live music by the Explorers Club and East Coast Party Band. Guests are encouraged to bring folding chairs.
The second, all new VIP ticket is priced at $75. This ticket will include complimentary drinks from a full service bar. VIP’s will also have access to a special area at the bow of the ship, and chairs and tables will be provided.
“There really is no better way to enjoy the 4th of July here in the Lowcountry,” said Patriots Point Executive Director Mac Burdette. “People couldn’t wait for these tickets to go on sale, and we expect them to sell out fast.” Burdette also thanked Stevens Towing, the Town of Mount Pleasant, the City of Charleston, Parker Rigging, Salmons Dredging Corporation and the USS Yorktown Foundation for their support of the event.
In addition to both Flight Deck packages, guests also have the option of enjoying the fireworks display landside. Admission to this area is free; however, parking will cost $10 per vehicle. Please remember to arrive early. Parking will be available starting at 4:00 p.m.
Please see below for important information and frequently asked questions:
• Parking is $10/vehicle for everyone.
• All ticket sales are final. In the case of inclement weather, there will be no refunds or exchanges. Everyone on board the USS Yorktown must have a ticket. The admission fee will only be waived for infants brought in their parents’ arms.
• Guests who have tickets to the flight deck will be granted access to the ship starting at 6 p.m. There is no outside food/beverage permitted on the flight deck. Coolers are also not allowed on the ship or pier. Tables and chairs will only be provided to those who purchased VIP tickets. For others, we recommend bringing your own lawn chair. Live music will begin at approximately 6 p.m.
• For the landside celebration, live music will kick off at 5 p.m. with kids activities beginning at 4 p.m. (As always, it is free to watch the fireworks from the landside of the museum)
• The fireworks will be shot from a barge in the Cooper River. We have taken extra measures to ensure the barge is located in an area that will provide the highest visibility for our guests. In addition, we will be placing signs on landside areas were viewing may be limited.
• No pets, except for service animals, are permitted at Patriots Point for the Fourth of July Blast.
• We will have vendors available to purchase food/drink on both the flight deck and landside. ATMs will be available.
• Handicapped access to flight deck is offered via elevator. A limited number of wheel chairs will also be available.
• The USS Yorktown will be open for the public to tour from 9 – 5:00 p.m. The last ticket will be sold at the Ticket Office at 4 p.m. Adult tickets (12+) are $20, child tickets (6-11) are $12 and children 6 and under are free.
• The sun is expected to set around 8:32 p.m. The fireworks will begin once it is dark, which is normally by 9 – 9:15 p.m.