What You Need To Know: COVID-19 & Patriots PointChris Hauff Jul 29, 2020
Much of the world as we know it has changed since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic. We are grateful to be open again, but there are a few things you should know when planning your next visit to see us. To ensure visitor safety, several new measures have been put in place to limit opportunities for transmission of the virus. Here is a list of common questions we can answer for you. If you don’t see an answer to your questions, please feel free to email us at any time at [email protected] We’ll see you soon!
Are you open? Are your hours going to be limited?
Patriots Point reopened to the public on May 22. Our operating hours will be our normal hours – 7 days per week, Monday through Sunday, from 9 am to 6:30 pm. The last ticket is sold daily at 5:00 p.m.
What is Patriots Point doing to be as safe a place as possible?
We have added several safety measures to reduce the opportunities for transmission of Covid-19 including:
- In accordance with state guidelines, beginning Monday, August 3, visitors are required to wear masks inside our museum.
- Patriots Point staff is required to wear masks.
- Floor signage at ticket window and gift shop areas encourage visitors to maintain social distancing.
- Hand sanitizers are located throughout the museum.
- UV (ultraviolet) light air purifiers have been installed in all of YORKTOWN’s air conditioning units. These units deactivate surface or airborne contaminants like mold, bacteria, and viruses.
- The custodial staff ensures that tour routes and restrooms are clean and sanitized.
- Our gift shop is limiting its capacity to 30 people.
- We recommend all of the guidelines issued by the Centers For Disease Control.
Do your visitors have to wear masks?
Yes, in accordance with the State of South Carolina guidelines, visitors will be required to wear masks beginning Monday, August 3.
Do your employees wear masks?
Yes, our employees are required to wear masks.
Will there be long lines for the ticket window?
We encourage visitors to avoid contact and skip the ticket line by purchasing tickets online. However, if you prefer to buy your ticket in person, there are markers on the ground to encourage social distancing at the window, and glass between our staff member and the ticket purchaser.
Is everything at Patriots Point open to visitors?
The majority of our exhibits are open to visitors. However, there are a few places where social distancing is difficult to do, those areas are temporarily closed and listed below.
- Apollo 8 exhibit
- Submarine Clamagore
- Bunkers in the Vietnam Experience
Can I book a VIP tour, audio tour, or ‘special’ service, like helicopter rides?
Yes, we are accepting bookings for our guided Steel Canvas Tour online and in person. You can add the tour while purchasing museum admission tickets. Helicopter rides are also now available and can be purchased in person at the museum ticket window.
Will the trolley (small bus) or golf carts be running on the pier?
Our volunteers will drive a golf cart for visitors who are physically challenged and need assistance to travel between the ticket window area at the top of the pier and the ships. Space is limited to two people at a time as visitors will sit in the rear golf cart seat to maintain social distancing.
Are the snack bars open?
The landside and onboard snack bars are operating reduced hours. They have modified seating arrangements to encourage social distancing.
Don't miss out upcoming events and happenings at Patriots Point.Sign Up