What You Need To Know: COVID-19 & Patriots PointChris Hauff Mar 02, 2021
Much of the world as we know it has changed since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic. We are grateful to be open again, but there are a few things you should know when planning your next visit to see us. To ensure visitor safety, several new measures have been put in place to limit opportunities for transmission of the virus. Here is a list of common questions we can answer for you. If you don’t see an answer to your questions, please feel free to email us at any time at [email protected] We’ll see you soon!
Are you open? Are your hours going to be limited?
We are open! Our operating hours are 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The last ticket is sold every day at 5 p.m.
What is Patriots Point doing to be as safe a place as possible?
We have added several safety measures to reduce the opportunities for transmission of Covid-19 including:
- Masks are not required but are highly encouraged.
- Floor signage at ticket window and gift shop areas encourage visitors to maintain social distancing.
- Hand sanitizers are located throughout the museum.
- UV (ultraviolet) light air purifiers have been installed in all of YORKTOWN’s air conditioning units. These units deactivate surface or airborne contaminants like mold, bacteria, and viruses.
- The custodial staff ensures that tour routes and restrooms are clean and sanitized.
- We recommend all of the guidelines issued by the Centers For Disease Control.
Do your visitors have to wear masks?
No, we no longer require visitors to wear masks.
Will there be long lines for the ticket window?
We encourage visitors to avoid contact and skip the ticket line by purchasing tickets online. However, if you prefer to buy your ticket in person, there are markers on the ground to encourage social distancing at the window, and glass between our staff member and the ticket purchaser.
Is everything at Patriots Point open to visitors?
The majority of our exhibits are open to visitors. However, there are a few places where social distancing is difficult to do, those areas are temporarily closed and listed below.
- Apollo 8 exhibit
- Submarine Clamagore
- Bunkers in the Vietnam Experience
Can I book a VIP tour, audio tour, or ‘special’ service, like helicopter rides?
Yes, we are accepting bookings for our guided Captain’s Tour online and in person. You can add the tour while purchasing museum admission tickets. Helicopter rides are also now available and can be purchased in person at the museum ticket window.
Will the trolley (small bus) or golf carts be running on the pier?
Our volunteers will drive a golf cart for visitors who are physically challenged and need assistance to travel between the ticket window area at the top of the pier and the ships. Space is limited to two people at a time as visitors will sit in the rear golf cart seat to maintain social distancing.
Don't miss out upcoming events and happenings at Patriots Point.Sign Up